No One Goes Hungry
A Body Needs Sustenance
Shown above is a staggering number. Using the data gathered by the United States Census Bureau, the United States Department of Agriculture reports 10.5% (13.8 million) of U.S. households to be food-insecure in 2020.
This needs to change and the change needs to begin with one’s neighborhood. The mission of this organization is to help eliminate hunger from southern Missouri and southeast Kansas.
- The first, free, self-serve station has been up and running since July 2022 outside the gates of the Islamic Society of Joplin at 1805 W 32nd St, Joplin, MO 64804.
- Station at Noel, Missouri to follow within this year.
- Only pre-packaged, non-perishable, unexpired food is to be made available through these stations.
- The public is encouraged to leave requests for specific food needs.
- Food and book drives to be held each month at the Islamic Society of Joplin at 1805 W 32nd St, Joplin, MO 64804.
Recruitment of Donors
- Donors of food or money for purchase of food.
- Donors of time for various activities of the organization, including food delivery to the needy.